Friday, December 9, 2011

Parenting the Vulcan Way

(This ain't my kid. He doesn't watch Dora.) 
Sitting too close to the TV will not hurt your kids' eyesight. 

I used to be the guy in the group who argued that logic was not the most sensible way to live your life, leading to boring, predictable decisions without any spontaneity. Once I wasn't the only person in my own life, I found myself more and more leaning back on logic, facts, science, and provable theories when conflicts came up. Especially when we're making decisions with my son, it better make sense. When people assume (or flat out tell me) I'm not doing right by my child because of their "common sense" or opinions on what's right, then I get angry.


  • Yes, I saw he fell and I didn't jump to pick him up. There's a reason he's so good at walking and getting up at such a young age. There's also a reason he's so laid back and doesn't cry much or for very long. It's the same reason. Back off.
  • Billions of people live in close proximity to animals and even manage to raise children while doing it. I'm not worried about the dog licking him in the face.

Everyone has an opinion, probably me more than most. There's very few things I don't have an opinion on. But y'know what? The world has facts too. If your opinion is refuted by facts, you're just wrong, so stop looking at me like I'm the crazy one.

Live long and prosper, bitches.



No comments:

Post a Comment